NOTE: ** This is not for use w/ CM7 alpha for Droid 3. Use “Safestrap” instead found here. **
Over the last few days I’ve gotten a lot of questions about “When will ROM booting” be supported, etc. And I’ve been working on a separate project to make that happen in a somewhat safer environment for us locked bootloader commoners. But, I realize that might take longer than some really want it to.
So, since the demand seemed to be there for it. I went ahead and threw together the stock hijack recovery Bootstrap for ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Yes, it will support ROM loading (using the CM hijack/logwrapper per the source).
- Yes, I am immediately handing this off to Koush so he can do what he wants with it for ClockworkMod support.
- Don’t hate me if you manage to brick your phone installing this.
- The APK was based off Koush’s Droid 2 Bootstrap code with updated binaries.
- This CWM Recovery is version 22.214.171.124
- This APK contains a rather large busybox build (1.9M).
- If you wait, I’m sure Koush will put up the official version in the market.
[UPDATE: 9/30] I added BP Tools boot support as well as fixed the boot loop into recovery issue. You’ll need to re-use the “Bootstrap Recovery” button anytime you flash a ROM to re-update your hijack binary.
[UPDATE: 3/7/2012] Link removed — out of date