** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I’m not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **
Droid 3 (v1.04) Download Here
BETA Bionic (v1.04) Download Here
- [v1.04 11/06] Fixed webtop restore causing fastboot fail message
- [v1.03 11/06] Fixed 4G while using Safe System and “Back button disabled” message w/ blank screen.
This release includes:
- Many enhancements to Safestrap Recovery including:
- Caching of userdata between the safe and non-safe systems — This does take some time. I know it’s not instant like it was before. But many users were experiencing hung starts, etc. And now you don’t need to constantly backup/restore between swaps.
- Full support for Internal / External SD cards (partitions). Thanks Atrix dev team!
- By adding the Splashscreen and getting away from BP-Tools mode, you can now use the USB Mount features in the “mounts” area of recovery.
- When in Non-safe mode, backups include “/systemorig” which is the 1st system. I chose not to back it up while in Safe mode, to save on backup size.
- Backups are marked as “safe-” or “nonsafe-” + the date for clarity.
- You can now flash non-Safestrap specific ROMs, and they will go to the Safe System area (note this feature does need some testing).
- Liberty ROMs currently have a folder in the flash .zip: /system/etc/rootfs that needs to be removed or it will hang at boot. [ UPDATE 11/03: Fixed for D3, but haven’t checked Bionic. ]
- If you test a ROM and have issues booting it up, please let me know.
- Updated to Koush’s 220.127.116.11 CWRecovery sources
[UPDATED 11/03 for Safestrap 1.02]:
- bug fixes
- a new option for including original system in backups made while Safe System is on
- a new “Quick Safe System Toggle (DANGEROUS)” for users who are using stock-based ROMs on both 1st and 2nd systems. If you hang at the boot, then please wipe data/cache or try restoring data from a backup. This option basically skips the backup/restore steps.
- I know the swap from Non-safe to Safe system is long. It’s meant to put your system back to pristine (or close to) condition.
- I need to handle the default “Reboot Recovery” triggers that Koush’s Bootstrap handles. ROMs like Liberty which have those options won’t work correctly till I add them.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Koush who develops such a GREAT recovery system and the makes the source available for others to use.
- The Atrix dev team who I pulled the internal/external SD card support from
- The Defy dev team that originally developed the Bootmenu source which I stripped down and used for the Splashscreen.
As always, let me know what you think!