Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past month or so, then you know that Motorola has been steadily putting out ICS leaks for the Droid RAZR, Droid 4 and more recently Droid Bionic.
Due to kernel changes and handling of the capacitive keys, I decided it was time to do a few Safestrap updates!
So the following are newly released Safestrap versions to be run only after installing an ICS leak/OTA from Motorola:
- (XT912 ONLY) RAZR :: v2.00 [ 2012-05-20 ] md5sum: 1ab13e27f2225d490cb497d215269363
- Droid 4 :: v2.00 [ 2012-06-02 ] md5sum: 2de0c1331c8bcaf256c462cbf1ca3255
- Bionic :: v2.00 [ 2012-06-22 ] md5sum: a44fe2555423f9fb74042ad9c10cff94
- Code base updated to Koush’s CWRecovery 184.108.40.206 (from 220.127.116.11 previously)
- Added handling for the front-side capacitive buttons (home, menu, back, search) using a modified version of Nathan Grebowiec’s touch source. (For Droid 4 and Droid Bionic — RAZR didn’t have this problem)
- All devices were updated to correctly load stock-based and custom ROMs in Safe System using the new init files.
Make sure the FIRST thing you do after performing the Motorola update is go back into the new Safestrap and do a non-safe backup for restoring later should you need to.
Enjoy and play it safe!