DOWNLOADS » SAFESTRAP (ALL DEVICES)
Safestrap: Read for Instructions
This bootstrap/recovery works by installing ROMs to an alternate area of your device. Please remove Koush’s Bootstrap prior to installing Safestrap.
DO NOT USE SAFESTRAP BACKUPS WITH ANY OTHER RECOVERY. SAFESTRAP v3 BACKUPS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SAFESTRAP v2 BACKUPS.
CHOOSE YOUR DEVICE
|DROID 3||2012-10-17 v3.05||Download md5sum: 84447c70f87d4da8ee9afe6c5f298978|
|NEW BIONIC, RAZR/MAXX, DROID 4||2012-12-30 v3.11||Download md5sum: 546060f221487ed35cc2f023c7e5d0f1|
|NEW RAZR-HD/Atrix-HD||2013-01-04 v3.12||Download md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3|
|NEW RAZR-M||2013-01-04 v3.12||Download md5sum: 46032557a37e5df7c73ab982810c6a39|
ATRIX 2 (MB873) [REQUIRES MOTO ICS UPDATE] – Uses “webtop” as 2nd-system
Download v2.11 [ 2012-08-21 ]
DROID 3 (XT862) – Uses “preinstall” as 2nd-system
Download v2.10 [2012-07-30]
- [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
- [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
- [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
- [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING — BUGGY*
- [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
- After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn’t include the APK in /data — so if you’re restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
- During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
- [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
- [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed UMS for sharing SD card
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
- [10/14] Safestrap v3.04 beta for BIONIC/RAZR/RAZR-MAXX/DROID 4
- [07/30] Added KEXEC support for the new builds on or after 7/30
- [05/20] Updated for ICS-Based Phones using 220.127.116.11 sources from CWRecovery (v2.00) [ Motorola ICS leaks for the RAZR and Droid 4 -- Use this version ]
- [02/29] RAZR version / install check fixed.
- [02/28] New version for Droid 4.
- [02/28] Fixed webtop restore for RAZR.
- [12/14] Added “Search” button binding to splashscreen to continue w/ boot up.
- [12/14] Added better handling for ICS startup via Safestrap hijack
- [12/14] Added “Disable Safestrap” under Advanced menu. This removes the hijack for Safestrap. Emergency use only. For the rare case where someone has a messed up touchscreen and enters recovery even though they don’t hit the “Menu” button or boot up in bp-tools mode